I would be happy to welcome any author (promoting a book suited to the genres I cover here) to contact me regarding their blog tour or interest in doing a guest post. I am always happy to try and get the word out for those who value my time. ☺
If I accept an ARC or review copy from you, you can expect me to do the following:
• Attempt to read the book in its entirety. I do not like to post a review of a book I wasn't able to complete but after six years of blogging I've realized this is unrealistic. If I requested the ARC/RC I will give it a fair shake and state clearly why I did not finish the book in the review. If you solicited me for the review I will contact you and let you know I wasn't able to finish the book and give you the option whether you still wish for me to review it or not.
• I will attempt to provide a paragraph or two that sums up the plot of the book how I perceived it. I try very hard to write spoiler-free reviews and will always provide a warning to any content I feel will be spoiler-ific. In the case of romance novels a HEA ending is expected and will not be considered a spoiler. If your book features content I consider to be a potential trigger for sexual assault and violence victims I may note such in my review as well.
• I will do my best to point out both things I liked and any things I disliked about the book. I strive to always do this respectfully and stress to my review readers that these are always just my opinions, what I dislike can often be a matter of simple personal preference. I do my best to be objective.
• If you request it, I will send you a link to my review here on my blog within 48 hours of it being posted. I usually repost all of my reviews to Amazon.com as that is my preferred purchasing venue but I may also share it via Goodreads.com or Librarything.com.
• I am always open to a guest post from an author whom I am going to review a book for. Just let me know you're interested! I do not enjoy writing interviews and therefore try to limit them but I do enjoy creative ideas like playlist sharing and character quizzes. Contact me and we can brainstorm.
If you are interested in sending me a review copy or ARC of your novel please keep in mind that my interests are primarily considered Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and books in a similar vein within the SciFi or Fantasy genres—this includes both Adult (Erotica) and Young Adult titles. Not that I'm not interested in anything else but my main audience of followers/readers are here for those types of reviews and I want you to get a fair chance at being noticed!
Please email me with your contact information, the information about your book (website links are always very helpful) and I will get back to you as soon as possible (usually within 4 days time) with my response.
At this time I am accepting review requests from self-published authors but in limited quantities. Please do feel free to email me a request with your full information including your book's blurb, where it can be purchased, and a link to your website/blog.
How did you get into reviewing?
It just kind of happened one day when I was looking for books on Amazon.com. I noticed the option to write about books and other things I already owned was there. Since I found several of the book reviews I had read helpful in deciding if certain books were what I was looking for I thought I might try my hand at writing them too. My earliest attempts were really pathetic but I wanted to be helpful to other readers looking for good stuff so I slowly started to work on making my reviews better and the rest is history.
You've mentioned a few times that you're an Amazon Vine Voice reviewer, how can I become one too?
No one quite has the formula for getting an invite figured out but I was invited to join the program in the spring of 2008. The best advice I can offer there is to start writing reviews in a variety of areas. Review your books but also things like your camera, cookware, and that new shampoo you tried out. One of my earliest reviews was for my cookware. I've reviewed all kinds of things that aren't books from appliances and computer software to nail polish and personal lubricant. Just keep in mind that most of us Viners don't get anything but books most of the time because they make up the majority of what we're offered. Trust me when I say you're not missing out on fancy electronics as they aren't offered very often.
Your posting can be really frequent and then drop off to nothing for two weeks, what is up with that?
Blogging is something I LOVE and I may be a stay-at-home mom but I tend to stay very busy. With one highschooler and one preschooler they are my #1 priority. Sometimes, I don't have time to read until midnight and I fall asleep with book in hand. But I do my best to put any ARCs and review copies first before other reading. Reading is supposed to be fun and if it feels like a chore (which it sometimes does) I take a break from it for a day.
I'm new to book blogging and reviewing can you help me?
I was once new to the whole blogging world too! I still feel like a newbie even after almost six years. If I can help you in any way within my means I will certainly try to do so. Others have offered encouragement and advice, answered questions, and helped me find contact info so if I can do any of those things for you I will certainly do so. Drop me an email and I will get back to you as soon as time permits!
I'm a self published author will you review my book?
Check out my review policy above and then drop me an email. I don't care if you're self published or from a big publishing house. If your book appeals to me I will let you know. ☺