Reading Challenge Details:
Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
ANY genres count.
Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
I had a wonderful time participating in 2014 so I decided to really pump up my game this time. For Christmas, I received a video game, The Sims 4, that I realized is easy to play without any of the sound on so I can read and play video games at the same time. Naturally, that inspired me to really set a tough challenge for myself because anything that lets me multitask reading with something is golden. Instead of going Stenographer again this time I decided skip from the paltry 12 audio reads goal I did last year—to really set a hard challenge for myself—and go all the way up to MY PRECIOUS 30-50!
I figure that give me a rough goal of about 270 hours of listening for the year at minimum or about 5 hours and 20 minutes a week to fit in. See how I just mathed and made it seem like a reasonable achievable goal? Ask me again if I think that was smart in 11 months. lol
My MUST LISTENS (in no special order) for 2015:
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop
- Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
- The Rift Walker by Clay & Susan Griffith
- The Kingmakers by Clay & Susan Griffith
- Lirael by Garth Nix
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
- Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
- Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole
- Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
- The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
- The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
- Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
- River Marked by Patricia Briggs
- Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
- Night Broken by Patricia Briggs
- Splintered by A.G. Howard